When planning a pregnancy, men after wonder if their sperms are healthy. Males of our current generation are exposed to multiple lifestyle and environmental factors that can delay fatherhood.
Here a simple list of Do’s and Dont’s to follow.
- Do maintain your correct body weight. Excess weight can adversely affect both sexual health and sperm quality.
- Do eat coloured fruits & vegetables, drinking 3-4 litres of water everyday. They are rich in fertility boosting carotenoids and anti oxidants.
- Do remember that a regular and enjoyable sex life is the fastest way to parenthood.
- Don’t smoke or chew tobacco. The damage caused by these to the male sexual organs can be severe.
- Don’t work in an environment that exposes you to chemicals, heavy pesticides, radiation and high radiating heat.
- Don’t stay apart from your wife. Couples who travel a lot or meet only a few times every month often find getting pregnant difficult.
If, in spite of following these steps, it is not possible to get your wife pregnant, its important to seek treatment. An Andrologist an evaluate and guide you. Often simple medicines help. Sometimes, advanced fertility treatment like Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI), Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) and Surgical Sperm Retrieval (SSR) may be needed.